Leadership | Mission | Initiatives | Work | Research | Strategy | Partners | Education | History | Get Involved
Projects completed or underway, 2013-2022:
• Joint Resolution on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency 2013-Present
• Renewable Taos Project/Rocky Mountain Institute eLab Accelerator 2015-2016
• National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Solar Energy Innovation Network (NREL SEIN), 2017-2019
• Renewable Energy for Rural Electric Cooperatives 2017-present
• Messaging & Outreach (2013-present)
• New Mexico Community Solar Legislation 2014-2015
JOINT RESOLUTION ON RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY
In 2013, Renewable Taos created a Joint Resolution on the Development of Renewable Energy in Taos County and North Central New Mexico. The Joint Resolution (JR) commits Municipal, County and Pueblo governments, and other organizations of North Central New Mexico to plan and develop renewable energy to provide all our energy demands.
Renewable Taos members began presenting our JR at Village, Town, and County Council and Commission meetings and formal meetings of other organizations in late 2013. We asked all entities to review, change and accept the JR according to their legal protocols ahead of a formal vote. By November 2014, we had received unanimous and near-unanimous approval of our JR by the governments and organizations in the list below.
Our JR has served as a foundation of policy action towards a clean energy economy for our region. The JR expresses the political will of our local citizens and our political, business and non-government organization representatives to move quickly into a clean energy future.
The following governments and organizations approved our Joint Resolution on Renewable Energy on the dates indicated. Click the town/village/county/organization to see the signed resolution.
• The Taos County Commission on October 15th, 2013.
• The Town of Taos on October 22nd, 2013.
• The Village of Questa on January 7th, 2014.
• The Taos Municipal School Board on January 14th, 2014.
• The Village of Eagle Nest on January 28th, 2014.
• The Village of Taos Ski Valley on February 4th, 2014.
• The Town of Red River on March 21st, 2014.
• The Village of Angel Fire on April 22nd, 2014.
• Kit Carson Electric Cooperative on November 25th, 2014.
• The Intergovernmental Council of the Enchanted Circle on November 12th, 2014.