RT had another great EV Expo!
In conjunction with National Drive Electric Week, this year’s EV Expo on September 24, from Noon to 4:00pm at the Taos Public Library drew about 250 people and 35 EVs comprised of 16 DIFFERENT models! This great variety included:
- Electric UTVs from Kit Carson Electric Co-op
- Rivian R1T pickup from PPC Solar
- Ford F-150 Lightning pickup from Capitol Ford in Santa Fe
- Tesla Model S Plaid from a member of the Tesla Owners Club of NM
- Hyundai Ionic 5
- Kia EV-6
- Volkswagen ID.4
- Chevy Bolt
- Tesla Model 3, Model Y, Model S
Speaker Program from 1:00 to 3:00pm
You are invited to attend the 2022 Taos Electric Vehicle Expo. This event, entering its fifth year, features dozens of electric cars, electric motorcycles and bicycles, speakers and exhibitors of other solar and renewable energy technology. It is sponsored by Renewable Taos, Inc., the non-for-profit, renewable energy advocacy organization in Taos, NM, Kit Carson Electric Cooperative, and other organizations in Taos and surrounding areas. THIS IS A FREE EVENT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
WHY: Promoting electric transportation in all forms. See exhibits, hear experts, learn more!
WHERE: Taos Public Library, 402 Camino de la Placita, Taos, NM.
LEARN: If you have questions about electric vehicles (EVs), this is the event of the year for you!
* What are the advantages of EVs?
* How much do they cost?
* Is financing or a tax credit available?
* What models are available now, and what will be available in the next year or two?
* How far can I travel on a full charge?
* Do I need special equipment or can I plug it in at my home or apartment?
EXHIBITS: Auto and motorcycle dealerships, bicycle dealers, related equipment vendors and other renewable-focused companies are invited. Attendees will have opportunities to talk to vendors, exhibitors and EV owners.
SPEAKERS: During the Expo, experts will give short talks on related topics with time for questions.
DEMOS: Participatory demonstrations of electric transportation are at the discretion of the owner. (Renewable Taos, Inc. and Kit Carson Electric Cooperative assume no liability.)
FOOD: There will likely *not* be food concessions. Water will be available.
- Renewable Taos, Inc., a 501c(3) not-for-profit organization promoting renewable energy and economic development. Visit www.renewabletaos.org for more information.
- Kit Carson Electric Cooperative, Inc., the electricity provider for north-central New Mexico with a focus on providing all-renewable energy for its members.