Renewable Taos Community Outreach Committee forming.
Dear Renewable Taos Friends,
Residents of Taos, Colfax and Rio Arriba counties are invited to attend the initial organization meeting of
The Renewable Taos Community Engagement Committee.
Thursday, November 14, at 5:30
First Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall (back building)
215 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM 87571
Renewable Taos is launching an effort to broaden the public demand for renewable energy in our region. Building on the momentum created by the Global Climate Strike, and acknowledging the wonderful efforts of young people in our own community, we want to gather together to initiate a dialogue around these questions:
- How is the climate crisis affecting our current and future lives?
- How can we invite open conversation from the community at large about the scientific, economic, and moral impacts of the climate crisis?
- How can we promote quicker transition to renewable energy in our futures?
Specifically, we ask you to reflect on two questions and bring your ideas to this first conversation:
- Are there specific ways to introduce renewable energy/climate change facts to the larger Taos community in understandable ways?
- Are there specific next projects that would promote the use of renewable energy in our communities?
This “next step” in RT’s growth is both specific and vague. It is specific in that renewable energy is an important goal for the benefit of our area. It is vague in that renewable energy is part of a much larger challenge – planetary health that impacts life on earth. We know many other organizations in and around Taos are also taking actions to counteract climate change – Amigos Bravos, Taos Land Trust, Sierra Club, YUCCA, TiLT — to name only a few.
RT’s focus is specifically on renewable energy, which is intimately linked to many other aspects of the climate crisis.
Click here for a copy of the memo that calls for creating this Renewable Taos Community Engagement Committee. A longer document provides more background information. Let us know if you would like to see it.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you on November 14.
Join us, share your thoughts!
RT members Paula Claycomb and Dave Wasserman